- High specification automatic inflating lifejacket harness
- Very light, comfortable design for use over long periods
- Compact and unobtrusive
- Pylon Light™ – high intensity, water activated flashing LED Light. 23cm flexible antenna wand gives improved visibility above head & water
- Lume-On™ - Lifejacket bladder illumination lights included
- Deck safety harness with soft loop safety line attachment point
- Double crotch straps
- Sprayhood - to reduce the risk of secondary drowning
- Quick access emergency safety line cutter
- Toggle attachment point for Chest Pack - DW-PCC (170N only)
- Now available in 2 colours: Black and Pacific Blue *Please note that orders for this PFD in Pacific Blue may take up to 2 weeks to fulfill. Contact our sales team at email@example.com for more info
- Unique ‘Shoulder Fit System’ flexes and locates ensuring correct fit on shoulders every time
- New back adjustment – hidden and non snag for easy, simple adjustment
- Easily converts to ‘manual only’ firing head with a Manual Conversion Kit
- Through Life Support (TLS) Registration extends product warranty to 5 years
Inflation System: UML Pro Sensor inflator
- This is a water sensitive activation system, that uses a compress paper capsule which dissolves when wet, which then releases a spring to puncture the CO2 cylinder.
- The cap is designed so that only water flowing upwards through the unit will cause it to activate. Water, spray and rain running down the jacket will not cause activation.
- The Pro Sensor has two indicators that show the status of the CO2 cylinder and firing head.
- CO2 Cylinder - 33g
- Weight -1310g
The Deckvest 5D Pro Sensor is approved to the following international standards:
- CE Approved
- ISO 12402-3 Lifejacket (170N)
- ISO 12401 Deck Harness
Through Life Support:
Registering your Deckvest gives you the benefit of our unique online support, to help ensure that your lifejacket is reliably maintained. Lifejacket warranty is extended to 5 years upon registration*
- Prompts for winter care, storage and pre-season safety checks
- Access to latest online support and advice
- Updates on MOB prevention and advice
Personal Locator Beacon: PLB1
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Why cut corner, get a vest that is so comfortable you wear it all the time ... and then when you need it keeps you afloat and helps your rescuers find you. A bargain at half the price
One of the many things that attracted John and I to each other is that we are both gimped. John has one leg shorter than the other and a slight scoliosis and I have congenitally flat feet and knock-knees. John walks like a duck and I walk like a penguin. It is a match made in heaven!
But there is a downside to being the gimp twins: carrying heavy packs for long hikes is out (meaning no overnight camping trips without a Sherpa) and wearing traditional lifejackets during multi-day passages, especially with the added weight of an integral harness with attached tether, which we wear most of the time, has caused us both untold hours of neck and back discomfort.
However, when we visited the London Boatshow in January 2008, we came across the Spinlock booth and had a long chat with the rep. He was so convincing that when it came time to replace my old Sospenders lifejacket, I purchased a Spinlock, despite its higher cost.
And, let me tell you, I haven’t regretted spending those extra dollars for a minute. In fact, last spring, while I drove the car, John wore my lifejacket on a two day passage and, right after his arrival in Nova Scotia, he retired his Mustang lifejacket and bought a Spinlock too!... Re-posted from http://www.morganscloud.com/20...