All New SA2G PLB from KTI - Sets a Whole New Benchmark for PLBs
Australian company KTI has just released its all new Personal Locator Beacon - Australian designed, made and meeting national and international standards. It beats its competitors on a number of key dimensions that we think are really important:
- It sends an updated GPS position to AMSA every 5 minutes ... the old bench mark was 20 minutes ... that means if you a drifting at sea or down a a river, your position continues to be regularly updated, reducing the time taken to rescue you.
- It has a 10 year battery life and warranty ... the old benchmark was 7 years. So at only $329, that's reduced the cost to less than $33 per year!
In all other regards it matches the top of the range PLBs (66 channel GPS, ... and its more affordable than ever ... so why would you choose something else?
Size: Compact, lightweight design
Antenna: Marine grade stainless steel, flexible, multi-position
Buoyancy: Self buoyant – no need for external flotation aids
Strobe: High intensity photo-flash LED
Activation: Simple one-hand activation
Carry Pouch: Camera style carry pouch with belt loop
Lanyard: Detachable with pictorial instructions and whistle
Mirror: Supplied with high reflectivity mirror
Warranty: 10 year parts and labour
- Frequencies: 406.040MHz and 121.500MHz (homing signal)
- Battery: Non hazmat LiFe02, 20 year shelf life, 10 year replacement
- Accuracy: Limited only by COSPAS-SARSAT system
- Approvals: COSPAS-SARSAT T.001 class II TAC 255, AS/NZS 4280.2
- Protocol: Programmable to all applicable COSPAS-SARSAT message formats
- Strobe: Greater than 1cd, 20 flashes per minute
- Waterproof to a depth of 3 metres for 1 hour
- Out of the Case
- Weight: approx. 140g
- Size: 88mm high x 64mm length x 30mm wide
- Weight: approx. 140 gms weight of case is .037gms
- Size: 110mm high x 85mm length x 45mm wide
- Minimum 24 hour run-time
- 66 channel receiver
- 5 minute position updates
- Accurate to 3.0m (CEP50)
- Cold start acquisition time < 35 seconds typical
- Chip style antenna design, highly resistant to detuning by nearby objects
Comes complete with lanyard and impact resistant case ... but floats without the case!