Australian & New Zealand model only - Not for sale in the United States or Europe.
GME’s digital Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRBs) have lead to hundreds of successful rescues in Australia and around the world. With over 35 years experience engineering and manufacturing EPIRBs in Australia, GME is at the forefront in development of life saving safety equipment. The MT600G builds on this heritage, delivering next generation performance to commercial and recreational mariners alike.
MT600G features a 66 channel GPS receiver with top mounted Quad helix antenna. Thanks to this technology, locating the beacon is faster and more accurate. In an emergency, being found quickly could save your life.
Compact and lightweight, the GPS equipped MT600G is easy to install in any vessel, utilising the specially designed quick release mounting bracket. The MT600G features zero warm-up digital technology and an automatically deployed antenna.
Testing the MT600G is fast and easy. Simply remove the beacon from its bracket, press the test button and the full functionality of the beacon is tested and confirmed. The MT600G even offers a GPS Satellite Acquisition Test with GPS position fix.
The MT600G boasts a ten year battery life and delivers great value for peace of mind boating. Certified by COSPAS SARSAT for worldwide usage, it’s no wonder that GME’s MT600G is the emergency beacon of choice for serious boat owners worldwide.
New Zealand customers only - If purchased outside New Zealand, additional programming is required.
- Compact, lightweight, easy-to-mount design
- COSPAS-SARSAT CLASS 2 (C/S T.001)
- Integrated 66 channel GPS receiver with top mounted Quad helix antenna for better than 100m accuracy
- Meets or exceeds the applicable requirements of: AS/NZ 4280.1:2003 standards C/S T.001/007
- 121.5MHz VHF homing beacon to assist in guiding rescuers to your precise location
- Includes quick release mounting bracket
- Zero warm-up digital technology
- Antenna deploys automatically when the unit is removed from the bracket
- Ultra high performance solid state strobe
- 10 year battery life
- Quick and easy test facility with audio / visual indication
In the Box
- MT600G Manually Activated EPIRB with GPS for faster location
- Quick Release Mounting Bracket and screws
- Instruction Manual
- 406 MHz Beacon Owner Registration Information Sheet
- Emergency Activation Instructional Placard
Modes of Operation
- Activated: UHF (406) and VHF (homer) complete with high intensity strobe and audible activation alert
- Self Test: Comprehensive internal diagnostics with visual and audible operator feedback. UHF test message (inverted synchronisation compatible with portable beacon testers)
- GPS Self Test: GPS acquisition test with visual and audible operator feedback UHF test message containing GPS co-ordinates
- Activation: Manually by operator
- Duration: 48 hours minimum
- Transmission: 406 and 121.5 MHz distress signals commence 50 seconds after activation
- VHF: 121.5 MHz 25mw. Min PERP@25°C
- UHF: 406.040 MHz 5W +/- 2 dB PSK (digital)
- Light: 20 flashes/minute at greater than 0.75 cd effective intensity
Certification and Approvals
- COPAS-SARSAT: Certified to C/S T.001 (Class 2) Requirements
- Standards and Approvals: AS/NZS 4280.1
- Repetition Period: 50 s mean, digitally generated randomisation
- Replacement Period: Prior to expiry date marked on case - (10 yrs) or after use
- Replacement Method: Service centre, or factory only (non-user replaceable)
- Chemistry: LiSO2 (2.4 g lithium per cell)
- Configuration: 2 ‘D’ type cells
- Operating: -20°c to +55°c
- Storage: -30°c to +70°c
- Weight: 550 g (plus 98 g for bracket)
- Compass Safe Distance: 0.7 m from magnetic navigational device
- Dimensions: 260 mm (H) x 102 mm (W) x 83 mm (D) max (stowed in bracket)
- Waterproof: Submersion to 10m
- Materials: UV stabilised plastic chassis
- Antenna: Flexible self straightening stainless steel design
- Type: Internal 66 channel high performance receiver
- Antenna: Quadrifilar helix antenna