Garmin Alpha 100/T5 GPS Dog Tracking System AUSGarmin
Multi-dog Tracking GPS and Remote Training Device in One
- Tracks up to 20 dogs or buddies from up to 7 km away
- Tone and vibration
- TOPO Lite Australia and New Zealand
- Measures dogs’ speed and distance travelled
An invaluable tool in the field, the Alpha 100 helps you achieve optimum performance from your sporting dogs. It combines proven Garmin GPS dog tracking with Tri-Tronics® electronic dog training technology. This easy-to-use integrated handheld system allows you to track and train your dogs in the field at a range of up to 7 km away, delivering their exact position as often as every 2.5 seconds.With multiple Alpha 100 handhelds and T5 dog collars, pinpoint up to 20 dogs or hunters’ exact positions on a large, glove-friendly touchscreen display even when they are out of sight. Because Alpha 100 comes preloaded with TOPO Lite Australia and New Zealand, you’ll always know your surroundings.
Track Your Dogs
Measure each dog’s speed, distance and the direction being travelled. Plus, receive notifications when a dog is “Treed” or “On Point.” A single Alpha 100 can track up to 20 dogs or fellow hunters when using either additional Alpha 100 handhelds or T5 device (each sold separately).
Extend Your Battery
When using the T5, switch to Rescue Mode to prolong the battery life. When the T5 reaches approximately 25 percent battery life, it will automatically slow down the update rate at which it pings Alpha 100 from every 2.5 seconds to every 2 minutes. This mode conserves the battery life of the T5, giving you more time to search for and locate your dog.
Plan Your Next Trip
Take charge of your next adventure with BaseCamp, software that lets you view and organise maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks. This free trip-planning software even allows you to create Garmin Adventures that you can share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. It also can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images to your device when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
Turn Your Computer Into a BaseStation for Tracking Dogs
Load your laptop with BaseStation software to turn it into a field control centre for tracking multiple dogs and/or buddies (up to 20 Alpha units or T5 dog devices). View real-time GPS information on the larger display of your computer, making it ideal for canine search and rescue teams. And because it’s GPS/GLONASS, you'll get safe, secure and more effective tracking, even where Internet and cell phone service isn’t available.
Track 20 Dogs
From the compass screen, get in-depth speed, direction travelling and distance away information for any dogs you've selected.
At-a-Glance Dog Stats
Get the information you always need, like your dog’s state (moving or on-point/treed), distance from the Alpha device, total distance travelled, speed and update rate, all on 1 screen.
Keep ’em Away From Hazard
Don’t wait till your dog is lost or in danger to get him back. Setup virtual boundaries on your map and receive an alert if he strays out of your geofence.
Track and Train Your Dogs
Track and train your dogs based on where they are with optional BirdsEye Satellite Imagery. These highly-detailed raster maps provide a realistic bird’s eye view of roads, parking areas, buildings, and terrain, including tree lines, lakes, rivers and streams. They are a great way to supplement the comprehensive topographic maps on your Alpha.
Keep Up with Your Buddies
Know where other hunters in your group are. Set your Alpha to show not only the dogs in your group, but also the other Alpha handhelds too (up to 20 T5 or Alpha units.
Professional Tracker, Professional Trainer
- Glove-friendly 3" colour touchscreen
- Preloaded TOPO Lite Australia and New Zealand maps
- Electronic compass
- Barometric altimeter
- Hunter-to-hunter position reporting with preset messaging capability
- PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS: 2.5 x 6.5 x 1.5” (6.4 x 16.5 x 3.8 cm)
- TOUCHSCREEN: yes
- DISPLAY SIZE: 1.53"W x 2.55"H (3.8 x 6.3 cm); 3" diag (7.6 cm)
- DISPLAY RESOLUTION: 240 x 400 pixels
- DISPLAY TYPE: transflective, 65-K color TFT touchscreen
- WEIGHT: 8.8 oz (250 g) with standard antenna and battery
- BATTERY TYPE: rechargeable lithium-ion (included)
- BATTERY LIFE: up to 20 hours (Alpha 100)
- WATER RATING: IPX7
- HIGH-SENSITIVITY RECEIVER: yes
- MEMORY/HISTORY: 4.0 GB
Maps & Memory
- PRELOADED MAPS: yes (topographic)
- ABILITY TO ADD MAPS: yes
- BASEMAP: yes
- AUTOMATIC ROUTING (TURN BY TURN ROUTING ON ROADS): yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- EXTERNAL MEMORY STORAGE: microSD™ card (not included)
- WAYPOINTS/FAVORITES/LOCATIONS: 4000
- TRACK LOG: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- ROUTES: 200
- BAROMETRIC ALTIMETER: yes
- COMPASS: yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
- AREA CALCULATION: yes
- HUNT/FISH CALENDAR: yes
- SUN AND MOON INFORMATION: yes
- CUSTOM MAPS COMPATIBLE: yes
- Range (line of sight): TT 15, 9 miles; Mini, 4 miles
- Frequency band: MURS (The T 5, T 5 mini, TT™ 15 and TT 15 mini are only compatible with the Astro® 320 and the Alpha™ 100. The T 5, T 5 mini, TT 15 and TT 15 mini can be configured for operation with either handheld but cannot be tracked simultaneously by both the Astro 320 and the Alpha 100.)
- Tracks up to 20 dogs (TT 10/15/15 mini and T5/5 mini) and buddies (Alpha 100) simultaneously
IN THE BOX
T5 Bundle (Includes Alpha 100 T5 Dog Device)
- Alpha 100 handheld
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- T5 dog device with rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- 1-inch yellow collar strap
- Belt clip
- Standard range antenna (for Alpha)
- Standard range antenna (for T5)
- Charge clip
- Split adapter cable
- AC adapter
- Vehicle power cable
- USB cable
- Montana® 700
- Montana® 700i